The 2021 Open Burning Season has come to a close for the year per DEP regulations.
Burning is allowed January 1st to May 1st annually. Cooking fires are allowed year round, so long as the primary reason for the fire is cooking and all appropriate safety measures are followed.
If you are looking for an agricultural burn permit you may follow the steps bellow year round.
There are multiple steps to this application! You must complete all to apply for a permit.
To apply for a Burn Permit please follow the following instructions:
1. Please pay for your permit on the Town Of Ashby Unipay site Please use the link below, YOU MUST RETURN TO THIS PAGE to complete the application process.
2. Once on unipay click on Fire Department services and select “FD-Burn Permit”
3. Log into or create and account on our Burn Permit site, click Here to login: Burn Permit Site Link https://ashby.burnpermits.com/
4. Enter your information, Please use the telephone number you wish to call from when you plan to burn.
** Please note it may take up to a day to approve your permit, most are approved within a few hours. **
5. Call: 978-386-9981 the day your would like to activate your permit.
If you have any issues creating an account or paying please call: 978-386-5522 Press Option #1
Applications are also accepted in our outside drop box at the Fire Station for the quickest processing please apply online! Please include:
- Your Name First and Last.
- Your Address.
- The telephone number you would like to call from.
- Do you own the property?
- Your email, if you have one.
- Permits will be emailed, or mailed if necessary.
- Payment of $25.00 Cash or Check
If you would like to drop your permit and payment off at the Fire Station we have created a helpful tool for you to use you can download it here.
Paper applications can be dropped off at 1093 Main St and will be processed within 2 business days.